“What’s more important to you now? Driving a Benz now to look a certain way or pursue the thing you love most at all costs?”
— Stefanie Jewett
Starting your own business is difficult by design; that’s why it’s not meant for everyone. But this notion that starting your own business is difficult doesn’t deter our guest this week, Stefanie Jewett, Founder of Activvely, a social app that helps individuals find workout partners.
She went from collecting a comfortable salary at CNN, driving around town in a fancy Benz – to leaving her job to follow her passion and build her tech startup from the ground up. No Investors. No Partners. All #Grit and #WomanPower.
Hear her candid story of bootstrapping her tech startup and what it takes mentally, and socially, to make it.
WHAT WE TACKLE IN THIS EPISODE:
- What you have to sacrifice to start a business
- How to be exposed and vulnerable when starting a business
- Why it’s important to be true to yourself and confident in who you are an how it plays into success
- The importance of community building and leaning into your strengths for success
- Why owning a business is difficult by design