“If you’re doing something and it’s not really what you should be doing, you just don’t excel at it. You can be good at it, you could even be great at it. But if it’s killing you inside, I just don’t understand the point of it.”
— Darin Wright
Color expert and Elea Blake Cosmetics owner Darin Wright shares what it can really look like to follow your passion.
Few of us realize just how much color affects our surroundings: from the color on the walls of our homes to the colors we put on our hair, skin, and nails. Finding the right colors for your unique chemistry can have a profound effect on everything from home decor to the clothes we buy, but how do you know if a color is right for you? Darin has dedicated years of her life and countless hours to developing a scientifically accurate color matching system called ebhues™.
Starting in a rented 2×4 space in a local spa, Darin has grown her company to a custom cosmetics studio and color analysis brand that works with clients worldwide. Join Helen and this 22-year business veteran as they explore what it looks like to fill an industry gap by creating your own business.
WHAT WE TACKLE IN THIS EPISODE:
- The financial reality of building a business and being the boss (hint: sometimes you don’t get to pay yourself for years)
- The questions Darin asks other aspiring business owners to think about before getting started
- How to handle burnout when you still have a business to run
- The surprising costs of not putting your talents to work
- Important questions to ask yourself when considering a trade with another business owner
Connect with Darin:
Elea Blake Cosmetics Website
Elea Blake Cosmetics Instagram
Elea Blake Cosmetics Facebook page